Growing Communities for Victorian farmers
Welcome to the Victorian Farmers Federation 2018 State Election Website.
On Saturday 24 November, Victorians went the polls to elect the 59th Victorian Government. They overwhelmingly voted to re-elect a Andrews Labor Government.
The Victorian Farmers Federation congratulates the Andrews Government on its re-election, particularly newly appointed Ministers and Parliamentary Secretaries.
“Throughout our election campaign, the Victorian Farmers Federation made it clear to all candidates what is required of them to deliver for agriculture and to strengthen Victoria’s $14 billion industry.”
“The dust has settled on the election, and now it’s time for the Government to deliver on its promises with a focus on the first 100 days,” said Mr David Jochinke, Victorian Farmers Federation President.
The Victorian Farmers Federation looks forward to working with Ministers and rural and regional Members of Parliament to Deliver for Agriculture over the next four years.
Please check back in January 2019 for more information about the Victorian Farmers Federation ‘First 100 Days’ campaign.
Top 5 farmers election asks
- A guaranteed energy future – $155 million to ensure long-term energy security (for rural and regional Victoria)
- Fit for purpose roads – $6.2 billion to repair roads and ensure safe travel for Victorians and the timely transport of produce
- Reliable telecommunications – $600 million to ensure phone and internet access (for rural and regional Victoria)
- Responsible animal care – $20 million to ensure science-based, practical and sustainable animal care in Victoria
- A fair and equitable rates system – allowing regional communities to prosper
ELECTION ASKS FOR FARMERS
What Victorian farmers and their communities need this election
Farmers need certainty to underpin long-term investment and business confidence.
The Victorian Farmers Federation election campaign has identified four critical needs under four key platforms.